I was unwise enough to enter a mailed sweepstakes sent by California/Arizona Energy Council (something like this) and that got me on their phone list. Despite requesting to be placed on their Do Not Call list, they keep calling me. And because they apparently have purchased several prefixes of phone numbers, blocking their incoming calls has proven to be a challenge. So far I’ve amassed
eighteen nineteen incoming numbers, all in the 916 (Sacramento) area code and from the 916-234, 916-244 and 916-290 prefixes. I’ve blocked these using Sprint’s Web site but I expect to keep receiving more calls from other numbers; unfortunately Sprint doesn’t support blocking entire prefixes.
Here for your perusal are the numbers I’ve blocked so far.
And because it took me a while to find the place on Sprint’s Web site to enter phone numbers to be blocked, here’s how to do it:
- Log in to Sprint.com.
- Click the “My Preferences” tab.
- Scroll way down to “Limits and Permissions”, and click “Block voice”.
- This opens a floating frame where you can select to which of the numbers on your account (if you have more than one) you want to apply these blocks. Select your phone.
- The floating frame expands downward to show a text entry field where you can enter numbers to be blocked, one at a time.
- Click “Save” all the way at the bottom.